Sunday, August 31, 2014

Hold The Jerky * Tiffany's Review


Title: Hold The Jerky
Author: Alicia Marie Smith
Publisher: Alicia Marie Smith
ASIN: B00N505D7W
Pages: 66 Pages
 Genre: Contemporary Romance

 My name is Trixie.
I have had my heart torn out of my chest and crushed into the ground one too many times. I have a lock on my heart and no one is getting in again. The problem is that I still have needs. Physical needs. Needs that only another person can satisfy.

Book One of The Wellington Series:

Chris walked into the bar, rugged and sexy. I was looking for fun and he was looking to play the part. I’m not ready for a relationship, I just want some satisfaction. The excitement grew inside me and the hunt was on.


An ardent and passionate woman, Alicia Marie Smith believes in the power of the heart. She loves and is devoted to writing and sharing her words with others. When she isn't writing, she is a caring wife, devoted mother to three children, and an avid gamer. She and her family reside in Eastern Washington. Her husband, Robert, is not only her soul-mate, but also her main source of inspiration. Without his support, she would not have been successful on her many endeavors.

This was a first time author for me. I loved the play on words of the title: Hold The Jerky (Jerk). This is a sweet story where Trixie is in the middle of discovering what she wants. She has ended one love affair with a woman who broke her heart. She isn't so willing to jump back into the fire so soon. 

She plays by a man's rules: I will do what I want with who I want, as often as I want. She wants a good time without any strings attached. She lives above the Stag & Thistle. A bar where everyone and anyone is welcomed. The owners of the bar are her close friends. Like most close friends they look out for each other. Declan and Emmett prompt her to go after what she really wants Chantel, the pretty little thing that works in the coffee shop close to her work.

Is she willing to try at love again? Can she trust after being burnt once before? Or will a man convince her he is what she needs? I look forward to reading part 2 of this story. This isn't your average happily ever after but it does allow for a happy for now. After all it is refreshing to have an author do a happily for now because life itself isn't always an instant happily ever after, now is it? 


No comments:

Post a Comment