Thursday, September 4, 2014

Hold The Jerky * Barb's Review


Title: Hold The Jerky
Author: Alicia Marie Smith
Publisher: Alicia Marie Smith
ASIN: B00N505D7W
Pages: 66 Pages
 Genre: Contemporary Romance

 My name is Trixie.
I have had my heart torn out of my chest and crushed into the ground one too many times. I have a lock on my heart and no one is getting in again. The problem is that I still have needs. Physical needs. Needs that only another person can satisfy.

Book One of The Wellington Series:

Chris walked into the bar, rugged and sexy. I was looking for fun and he was looking to play the part. I’m not ready for a relationship, I just want some satisfaction. The excitement grew inside me and the hunt was on.


An ardent and passionate woman, Alicia Marie Smith believes in the power of the heart. She loves and is devoted to writing and sharing her words with others. When she isn't writing, she is a caring wife, devoted mother to three children, and an avid gamer. She and her family reside in Eastern Washington. Her husband, Robert, is not only her soul-mate, but also her main source of inspiration. Without his support, she would not have been successful on her many endeavors.
 
 
For being a first time author, this story was very enjoyable and easy to follow. I loved the characters because I could relate to them and they seemed like people I could actually know in my real life.

Trixie is a bi­sexual female who is just coming off a relationship with a girl and it ended badly. So Trixie has decided she is leaving women alone and going to just get guys for one night stands when her hormones need attention. She wants no commitment and just wants sex, when she wants it and who she picks to have it with. She lives above a bar called the Stag&Thistle and she is great friends with the owner and the guys that work there. With living above the bar she has her pick of men to have sex with and send them on their way. That is until she takes Chris to her apartment and he wants more than just sex. But she likes a girl who works in a coffee shop she frequents and is trying to get the nerve up to ask her out.

My only thing that I didn't like was how I was left hanging at the end. Does Trixie and the gal from the coffee shop go out? Does Trixie ever have her over to her new pad and what happened? Too many questions that just leave you wondering. Maybe that just means there will be a sequel that will answer all these questions and more. I think this author has talent and can't wait to see how her talent develops the more and more she brings out enjoyable books like this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment