Friday, September 5, 2014

Conklin's Blueprints * Kathy's Review


Title: Conklin's Blueprints
Author: Brooke Page
Publisher: Brooke Page
ASIN: B00FJ9L60K
Pages: 335



What do you do when your predictable life goes spiraling out of control? When your supposed childhood friend commits the most brutal betrayal, completely gutting you, destroying the life you thought you were meant to have? You make dangerous, careless decisions with your best friend, completely molding yourself into someone you’re not. I thought clubs, alcohol, and promiscuity would numb my pain, sculpt me into the person I should be; strong, confident, alive… 
I was wrong. 

So now I’m forced to go back home, where the only opportunity to throw my life back on track is located. I never wanted my parent’s wealth or notability, but I’m afraid if I don’t take the flight from Florida to Grand Rapids, I’m going to drown. 

But instead of drowning in my own insecurities, I’m being consumed by my boss, Tyler Conklin. His secrets are devouring me, along with his mystery and charming grin. He wants me, his advancements are clear; but so are his exertions to keep me his biggest secret of all. 
I’m not sure if I can tolerate being his covert lover, especially when he has so many secrets of his own.


Conklin's Blueprints, by new author Brooke Page, is the first book in Conklin's Trilogy. It is a real novel about an amazing love story that does not put you in a land of make believe. I was glued to the book from the first word. I finished in less than two days. It is an amazing story with hot love scenes. Tyler Conklin is every thing a lady wants in a man. Once again, my list of book boyfriends has grown! Wow... This book is from a new author AND this is her first ever book. REALLY? I'm stunned, amazed and in awe. Brooke Page has amazing talent and I predict she will go far with her writing career. I don't usually read plain vanilla romances because they are just fairy tales and I stopped believing in those a long time ago. Conklin's Blueprints was a definite exception. This book has believable REAL characters. Yes, they have scars and they have issues and baggage, but even those are real and believable. I immediately related to Becca, the female lead. I felt as if I could actually be her. I wish I was her! This is the beginning of a great love story that is not easily forgettable. Better yet, it's also a story of two people coming together due to a chance meeting and then beginning the process of helping one another heal. I fell in love with the two main characters. There are other characters I either loved, hated or felt sorry for. I yelled at time. I cried at times. I laughed at times. Then toward the end, I cheered out loud so much that my family thought I was crazy! That's how much I got involved in the story. I felt as though I was in it with the characters as a friend. I wanted to hug Brooke for courage. But enough! You'll have to find out all of this yourself by one clicking now! The characters and plot are well developed and the plot moves smoothly. The dialogue is flawless. I was unable to put this book this down and read it in one sitting. Despite being part of a series, the book is written as a full novel rather than the ever popular novella that is so frustrating to me. After completing this book, I immediately one clicked the second book in the series, as I was not yet ready to leave Tyler and Becca.There is no cliffhanger but rather more to experience. I highly recommend this book...



No comments:

Post a Comment